8/8/10

Lemon Balm Lemonade

If I were forced to choose one beverage to drink for the rest of my life, I would-- without a doubt-- choose lemonade. I have always preferred the smooth and citrusy refreshment to coarsely carbonated "soft" drinks. Lemonade can be easily gulped down and is always refreshing; plus it never induces the uncomfortable gassiness that coke does. Lemonade also quenches my thirst, while carbonated drinks fail. So in my desire to make use of the lemon balm I grew, I found a recipe for lemon balm lemonade. It is quite simple and incredibly delicious. The final product is super sugary, tart, and lemony-- the closest decent lemonade one can make without using an actual lemon.


What you need:












1 cup sugar
1 cup lemon juice
7 cups water (boiling)
about 3/4 cup fresh lemon balm (chopped)

Bring the water to a boil. Add sugar, lemon juice, and lemon balm. Let sit on heat for a little bit. Let cool and refrigerate for a couple hours. Once chilled, drain lemon balm. Serve over ice.

Got the recipe here. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Leonardo said...

In the strictest sense, which is the only sense worth using, you used a lemon. While you did not physically have a lemon present, you did use lemon juice. At one point there was a lemon present to make said juice.