8/5/10

Gardening Update

If there's anything I've learned this summer, it's that cucumbers are extremely EASY to grow. I initially planted a garden because I was bored and thought it would be cool if, for some reason, the seeds I planted would someday magically resemble the photos on the flimsy packets I bought at Home Depot. I didn't actually believe that anything would happen. But, in a delightful surprise, my garden grew and produced an abundant amount of cucumbers and green beans. At this very moment, cucumbers are popping up faster than my family can eat them. We have been enjoying green beans all summer and lemon balm, the herb I grew, smells amazing. To me it's a combination of fruit loops and lemon juice. It was the perfect way to spruce up the iced tea I made last week. Overall, I am not only extremely pleased with my garden, but also shocked. Who knew that I- a person with zero gardening experience-could grow both edible and delicious veggies? Cheers.

some of this summer's "crops"












cooking a mess of beans with butter and bacon












circular cucumber












Lemon Balm


















the cucumber plant


No comments: