6/20/08

Man with a fanny in Oxford, Mississippi

While lounging on a bench, lazily observing the occasional passerby, I thought about my most recent photographic failure: while walking down Beale St in Memphis, a man in a hurry cut in front of me-- a man with a fanny, that is. I had absentmindedly left my camera in the car and had no means to capture this magical, mystical moment. It's an image to treasure-- a man with a fanny pack-- especially when the man sports the item in question to its exact fashionable purpose-- above the fanny, packing the items he just couldn't fit in his oversized cargo short pockets. While reminiscing this fond yet tearful memory, it just so happened that a man with a fanny walked by. I was caught off guard; however, I recovered quickly. I stuffed my book into my over-the-shoulder purse and pulled out my camera while I walked/jogged in order to catch up with the man. I took the first photo before crossing the street-- I probably looked like a fool, chasing this ordinary man with my digital camera. I knew that this photo was not good enough and I continued to follow the man; he was entering a building, and I didn't plan on going that far-- that'd be a little too extreme, right? So I quickly snapped another shot before he disappeared forever. Enjoy this unique marvel.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES!

Scrills said...

Mary,
I'm very impressed with your blog. I'm soo sorry I haven't been the supportive boyfriend that you need. Anyways I like the latest posts. They're hilarious.