10/20/10

Time to get IT

So now that I'm done with GRE, I think I should get crackalackin on my blog. It's time for work stories. Have you ever read the David Sedaris short story/essay of when he worked as an elf at a department store? I wanna write like that. I know my stories will not be as funny as his, but I'm going to give it a shot.

So if you don't know, I work at Marshalls. In the shoe department. I have been there for almost two weeks now and, as a coworker put it, the place is a fake it til you make it kind of environment. The problem with that statement is that I don't really know what happens when you MAKE it. But anyway, I have been faking it so much that I don't know how much longer I can fake it. When I say fake it, I mean that I really don't get any direction or explanation as to what I'm supposed to do. So I just act like I'm busy. Basically, my job consists of hanging around the shoe department and straightening shoes. It's pretty boring. But I get a sweet little rolly chair that I can scoot around on. I know that there are other responsibilities, but nobody has really shown me what those consist of, so I'll keep on faking it. Just scooting around acting like I'm doing a lot and helping customers.

All for now. More to come.

3 comments:

Blue said...

i like your goal. have you checked out his latest book? all animals. i'm intrigued.

Anonymous said...

hahah fake it till you make it. i like.

i worked at forever 21 this past winter term and i hear you sister. it was so annoying, they make you straighten and fold, even thought there's nothing to straighten and fold, so i started to unstraighten and fold just so i could straighten and fold again.

Anonymous said...

you know that was just all sorts of grammatical incorrectness so eff it.

*though
*and
*unfold (on the second fold)